- xmaaario likes this
- holyhoppus likes this
- doublereedtrouble likes this
- hunkdude likes this
- mauriceskene reblogged this from yes-butno
- 1-mail-order-brides likes this
- rainingstupidity likes this
- mahedewan likes this
- prettykooldame likes this
- x3acciohappiness likes this
- neat0burritos likes this
- teeheehaha-ara likes this
- torietaylor likes this
- tay1yn-anastasi4 likes this
- marco----polo likes this
- pris-matic likes this
- dysfunctional-now likes this
- macrobotic likes this
- krixia likes this
- timeturner likes this
- half-mermaid-half-dragon likes this
- mr5nuggles likes this
- izzy-simpson likes this
- mayjornerd likes this
- givemefourstars likes this
- popn-milk likes this
- sophiedeveraux likes this
- t0psessed likes this
- salf reblogged this from yes-butno
- salf likes this
- couch---potato likes this
- yes-butno posted this
The things I post do not necessarily reflect my own views.
Submit in the ask box!
If you can't find something, please search for it! (ex: "yes-butno.tumblr.com/tagged/asian")
Yes-butno by Christine Chen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
1) Why haven’t you made my submission yet?
I haven’t made it because I wait until multiple people submit the same one to make sure that the stereotype is somewhat legitimate, I don’t make every single submission that I get. Or, I might have made it already and you just didn’t find it. Also, I have a LOT of messages to go through, so I might not have seen it.
2) Why don’t you give me credit?
I don’t give credit for any of these. I post them after multiple people have suggested it so I don’t feel like going through all my messages and finding the names of everyone.
3) Why are some of these Yes-Yes and not Yes-No?
Some of them make more sense if they are yes-yes, such as “yes, i am a dancer. Yes, dancing is a sport.” If I had done, “Yes, I am a dancer. No, dance is not merely a recreational activity but is actually a sport”, it is much less effective. Yeah there are probably better ways to word some of these, but it shouldn’t be that big of a deal. If anything, make a suggestion in my ask box nicely. I’ve already tried avoiding No-No’s, resulting in some grammar mistakes.
4) Why don’t you capitalize properly?
It started out that way and it’s too late to change now, it’s part of the design, this is the internet/tumblr— it isn’t like lack of capitalization is a rare thing, and with the font i use, the capital “i” looks like a lowercase “L”.
5) OMG THIS STEREOTYPE ISN’T TRUE WTF THIS IS SO WRONG OMG YOU’RE SO STUPID OMAGOSGLAWEHGLADSMFLAISDF
Maybe the stereotype doesn’t apply to you (I am Asian and I DO eat rice almost everyday!), but if I posted it, it means multiple people have suggested it, and it probably applies to them. If you really don’t believe me, check the notes on the post. Many people who reblogged the post probably can relate to it to some degree.
6) OMG YOU ARE SO DUMB YOU MADE A SPELLING/GRAMMAR MISTAKE
Yes, I do make mistakes. If I do, please tell me nicely in my ask box. I’ll probably give you credit if you catch one, BUT BE NICE ABOUT IT. Everyone makes mistakes.
7) I want a tote/shirt with this yes-butno, how do I get one?
Message me in my ask box with the color you want and which ybn you want. Totes are $13.50 and shirts are $20.